THANKS FOR VISITING MY WEBSITE
Dolly is a Caribbean American.
Dolly is an entrepreneur. She is President and CEO of A. Williams Construction which was established in 1978.
Dolly served as a New York City Planning Commissioner from 2002 - 2007.
Dolly is a community leader: She has served on Community Board 6, served as Chairperson of the Caribbean American
Center of NY, the Board of the Brooklyn Children's Museum, the board of the Woman's Builders Council and a former
board member of the New York State Association of Minority Contractors.
Dolly is the recipient of numerous awards, including:
- Crain's New York Business Award.
- SBA Contractor of the Year.
- SBA Excellence in Building Award.
- New York State Department of Commerce Award.
- Boy Scouts of America Award.
- Brooklyn Boy's and Girl's Club.
- Professional Women in Construction.
- The Brooklyn Public Library Award for Dedication and Service to Brooklyn.
- And many more...
Dolly is a Fashion Designer and Retailer of vintage goods.
Dolly has been featured in a variety of media, including:
- The Phil Donohue Show-On Immigrants in America.
- CNBC - as a successful SBA-8a contractor.
- CUNY TV - Successful Women in Business.
- CUNY TV - the New York City Construction Industry and Women.
- New York Times-Building in Brooklyn at the site of the 1960 Plane Crash.
- Daily News-Family Business, Changing the landscape of New York City.
- Daily New-Brooklyn Borough President appoints Caribbean Woman to Planning Commission.
- And many more...
This website was created and designed to inspire women, especially immigrant women, to dream the American Dream.
I hope that my hard work will inspire those who visit this site to stand tall and reach for the stars everyday.
Remember it's not just about what you do, but how you feel and make others feel at the end of the day.
Please click HERE to view my Woman Of The Year Award in Development New York magazine,
a publication that celebrates the finest in real estate development, design and brokerage.
Please click HERE to view my feature in the Caribbean New Yorker newspaper, February 18th, 2011.
Please click HERE to read a letter from the Brooklyn Borough President, Marty Markowitz.
Please click HERE to see Dolly with Mayor Bloomberg at Gracie Mansion: Reception in honor of the West Indian Day Carnival Parade 2003.